Wednesday 15 October 2008

Michelangelo Buonarroti Crucifix painting

Michelangelo Buonarroti Crucifix paintingMichelangelo Buonarroti Creation of Adam detail paintingPierre Auguste Renoir The First Outing painting
ragged. He used to twist it in his fingers when he was worried and would even put the ends in his mouth and shew them. Livia chose him, I believe, because she thought him the most boring man in Rome and hoped by making him my tutor to discourage my historical ambitions; for she soon came to hear of them. Livia was right: Sulpicius had a Athenodorus would lend me his little sharp penknife, Livy joked-
Athenodorus was a stately old man with dark gentle eyes, a hooked nose and the most wonderful beard that surely ever grew on human chin. It spread in waves down to his waist and was as white as a swan's wing. I do not make this as an idle poetical twenty volumes of Livy's history of Rome, which he gave me to read as an example of lucid and agreeable writing. Livy's stories enchanted me and Athenodorus promised me that as soon as I had mastered my stammer I should

No comments: