Thursday 6 November 2008

Leroy Neiman Island Hole at Sawgrass painting

Leroy Neiman Island Hole at Sawgrass painting
Juan Gris The Guitar 1918 painting
month of Sundays. And I want you to know what he said: 'I stand here,' my son declared, 'because I have chosen to occupy the old and honourable role of the uppity nigger. I am here because I have not been willing to seem reasonable. I am here for my ingratitude.' He was a colossus among the dwarfs. 'Make no mistake,' he said in that court, 'we are here to change things. I concede at once that we shall ourselves be changed; African, Caribbean, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Cypriot, Chinese, we are other than what we would have been if we had not crossed the oceans, if our mothers and fathers had not crossed the skies in search of work and dignity and a
Juan Gris Teacups painting
children. We have been made again: but I say that we shall also be the ones to remake this society, to shape it from the bottom to the top. We shall be the hewers of . It is our turn now.' I wish you to think on what my son, Sylvester Roberts, Dr. Uhuru Simba, said in the place of justice. Think on it while we decide what we must do."
Her son Walcott helped her leave the stage amid cheers and chants; she nodded judiciously in the direction of the noise. Less charismatic speeches

No comments: