Tuesday 17 February 2009

Alphonse Maria Mucha Monaco Monte Carlo

Alphonse Maria Mucha Monaco Monte CarloAlphonse Maria Mucha MedeeAlphonse Maria Mucha Fruit
baby and toddler. It’s much more natural than memorizing words from a book.
In the Advanced Spanish of our second year, we continued to assimilate additional vocabulary and grammar, and Mrs. Fassler with my friends, working part-time in a neighborhood bodega (a small grocery store specializing in Hispanic items). I collected records with the irresistable Latin beat, enjoying Edye Gorme and Trio Los Panchos, the rival Titos (Puente and Rodríguez), and perhaps the best known, Xavier Cugat. I even became familiar with the mysterious and often misunderstood religion born introduced us to poetry and literature. This class in an all-girls’ school thrilled to the beautiful love poetry of José Ángel Buesa and wept at the end of “Marianela” when the title character died of a broken heart. By this time, I was hooked. And although I never studied Spanish any further (that was my senior year in high school), I have never lost my enjoyment of all the pleasures that facility in a second language brings. An additional high school class in French never engendered in me the same feelings as my Spanish class did, in spite (or maybe because) of a French-Canadian background. (The Russian I years almost did, but, again, that’s another story).I continued using my Spanish

No comments: