Monday 27 October 2008

Edward Hopper Chop Suey painting

Edward Hopper Chop Suey paintingCaravaggio Adoration of the Shepherds paintingThomas Moran Forest Scene painting
the fish-dance. But first he had to sit through a short melodramatic interlude called Laureolus, or The Robber Chief. There was a lot of slaughter in it and the actors, a second-rate lot, had all found blood-bladders to put in their mouths in imitation of Mnester. You never saw such an ill-omened mess as they made of the stage! When the fish-dance was over Vinicius rose again: "To tell the truth, Lord, I would love to stay but Cloacina calls me. It's some confounded thing I ate.
"Soft but cohesive let my offerings flow, Not roughly swift, nor impudently slow…"
Caligula laughed. "Don't blame it on me, my dear fellow. You're one of my best friends. I wouldn't doctor your food for the world."
Vinicius went out by the stage-door and found Cassius and The Tiger in the court. "You'd better come back," he said. "He's sitting it out to the end."
Cassius said: "Very well. Let's go back. I'm going to kill him where he sits. I expect you to stand by me."
Just then a Guardsman came up to Cassius and said, "The boys

No comments: