Thursday 23 October 2008

Vincent van Gogh View of Arles with Irises painting

Vincent van Gogh View of Arles with Irises paintingVincent van Gogh The Old Mill paintingVincent van Gogh Still Life with Absinthe painting
Suddenly there was a heavy step behind me and my lamp was blown out. I told myself:
"You're done for now, Claudius. Here's someone with a dagger." But I said aloud as calmly as I could: "Please light the lamp, whoever you may be, and see if we can't talk things over quietly. And if you decide to kill me you'll be able to see better with the lamp lit."
A deep voice answered: "Stay where you are."
There was shuffling and grunting and the sound of someone dressing and then of flint and steel struck together and at last the lamp was lit. It was Urgulanilla. I had not seen her since Drusillus's funeral and she had not grown any prettier in those five years. She was stouter than ever, colossally stout, and bloatedfaced; there was enough strength in this female Hercules to have overpowered a thousand Claudiuses. I am pretty strong in the arms; but she had only to throw herself on me and she would have crushed me to death.
She came towards me and said slowly: "What are you doing

No comments: