Tuesday 2 December 2008

Saint Mary Magdalene Penitent By Domenico Feti

Saint Mary Magdalene Penitent By Domenico FetiPenitent Magdalene By Joseph HeintzMary Magdalene at the TombMartha and Mary Magdalene By Merisi Carravaggio
that things were amiss, and sent messages as swiftly as they could. They said that the Nine were abroad, and further news. Since you are here we must risk the peril of the Road and go. There are five behind us, and when they find your trail upon the Road they will ride after us like the wind. And they are not all. Where the other four may be, I do not know. I fear that we may find the Ford is already held against that you were astray bearing a great burden without guidance, for Gandalf had not returned. There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south. It was thought that you might turn far aside to avoid pursuit, and become lost in the Wilderness.'It over him. Ever since the sun began to sink the mist before his eyes had darkened, and he felt that a shadow was coming between him and the faces of his friends. Now pain assailed him, and he felt was my lot to take the Road, and I came to the Bridge of Mitheithel, and left a token there, nigh on seven days ago. Three of the servants of Sauron were upon the Bridge, but they withdrew and I pursued them westward. I came also upon two others, but they turned away southward. Since then I have searched for your trail. Two days ago I found it, and followed it over the Bridge; and today I marked where you descended from the hills again. But come! There is no time forus.'While Glorfindel was speaking the shades of evening deepened. Frodo felt a great weariness come

No comments: