Thursday 22 January 2009

Jack Vettriano The Innocents

Jack Vettriano The InnocentsJack Vettriano The Great PoetJack Vettriano The Gathering Clouds
Mary looked up uneasily. She knew without having to check through the spyglass that the shadow particles were streaming away faster than ever.
I hope so, she said. But I don't know how.
In the early evening, when the were lit and the first stars were coming out, a group of strangers arrived. Mary was "Lyra," she said, "something's happened, they've found something they can't explain and it's... I don't know what it is... I've got to go and look. It's an hour or so away. I'll come back as soon as I can. Help yourself to anything you need from my house, I can't stop, they're too anxious...”
"All right," said Lyra, still dazed from her long sleep.washing; she heard the thunder of their wheels and the agitated murmur of their talk, and hurried out of her house, drying herself.Will and Lyra had been asleep all afternoon, and they were just stirring now, hearing the noise. Lyra sat up groggily to see Mary talking to five or six of the mulefa, who were surrounding her, clearly excited; but whether they were angry or joyful, she couldn't tell.Mary saw her and broke away.

No comments: